
Happy New Year!
Our trip to Hua Hin conviniently coincided with the end of the Buddhist year, which meant our stay was filled with celebration. New year's eve began with a parade of grandeur, colour and Thai beauty through the centre of the town. This was followed by everyone heading to the beach where they sent floats of flowers, candles and incense with wishes and resolutions for the coming year. Not wanting to miss out, Ed and I purchased a beautiful float and headed for the sea. What was an act of tourism for us soon became one of spiritulatlity (for me anyway - Ed was more concerned with where his next piece of fried chicken was coming from...this is becoming a worrying obsession!) as I waded into the water making wishes for our continuing journey and for our friends and family at home.

HAPPY
NEW YEAR !
The beach was awash with colour and the flickering of candle light, I felt really lucky to have been a part of it.
This moment of calm was soon replaced with one of frivolity and indulgence as we headed for a seafood feast, perched on the edge of a stilted restaurant looking out to sea. I could get used to this travelling lark!


No comments:
Post a Comment