Sometimes dreams do come true!
After our short time in Noosa we headed to Australia Zoo, hope of the late Steve Irwin. What a place. I think that this has possibly been the best zoo that I have ever visited...and I have visited quite a few! The day was jam packed with feedings, talks, animal demonstrations and close encounters. Steve's philosophy was to get people to interact with animals as much as possible at the zoo, therefore giving them exciting education that would/could lead more people to consider conservation issues more seriously. Due to this, opportunities to meet and touch the animals were readily avaliable. Within an hour of being at the zoo we had already fed this elephant.

Bimbo
As we progressed around the zoo we noticed that we weren't the only ones enjoying ourselves!

After a couple of hours it was time for the "big show", where they bring out a variety of animals and demonstrate some of their characteristics. The main focus on the show was the croc element. I am glad that I was not in the ring with them, apparently the 'salty' that we watched had bitten three rangers whilst doing the show, including Steve.

What a croc!
As the day continued we were provided with further opportunities to meet some of the animals, whilst looking at the larger versions, we were introduced to this baby alligator.

For $80 we were invited in with ten others to stroke and play with the cubs. I cannot tell you how amazing it felt to be so close to one of these wonderful creatures.

I must admit to there being a tear in my eye after our short 15 minutes was up...I didn't want to go. It truly was a once in a lifetime experience.
It was not only the tigers that brought a tear to my eye, I could not imagine what it must be like to be Mrs Irwin, with constant reminders of her husband, photos, films, pictures, cups, postcards all around the place, hearing his voice echoing around the park. I feel for her, she must be finding it so hard.

4 comments:
Wow those pictures are amazing, you are so lucky! i wanna a cuddle with the cubs! xx
hope you are both well, lots of love soph xxx
Very jealous - and I bet Herbie will be too when he checks in on the blog! Big cuddles back. Jo xx
hello wella and ed here i am at the computer in n curry with battle cat herbert looking on. just to say that i cant find out any details on the british film you saw in australia but would like to see if you can give me more details like who wrote it and who is the director. iot wasnt richard curtis the four weddings man as i have looked him up. a gang of us are waiting for your reply love elsa. gyda leaves for norway tomorrow and tor is there already setting up lars passport which expires soon and lars needs to be back in australia before march as his degree at bond entitles him to have a job in australia whithout the usual procedures so long as he takes it up before march. solong blog again soon
annarella what has happened to the promised blogs we are all waiting for the next episode lo ve elsa
Post a Comment