Monday, May 21, 2007

The Gentleman Thief
I promised last week that there would be more interesting info this week...here goes.
On Tuesday I went down to start my drive to Werribee, little did I know, someone had already taken the old Bongie for a ride of their own. It wasn't there! Police, tow yards contacted etc I headed off to work regardless. Couldn't miss the induction day...just another trip to the zoo. Lush!
Had to meet Leroy afterall!
Thankfully a couple of days later Bongo van was located a few suburbs away, such a relief as I was not looking forward to catching the train and cycling to work - turning an hour commute into near on two hours. Turns out that the thief could not have taken better care of it. It is in full working order, with no dents or scratches. In fact before nicking the bottle of oil, the thief kindly topped up the Bongo first. What a gentleman!
This weekend has been a busy one. Pizza at Bimbos on Thursday, a BBQ on Friday, movies and party on Saturday and curry on Sunday night. Heads are sore, eyes are tired and we are looking forward to the rest work will bring this week.
Could not fail to mention of another familiar face! Sunday brought Dave (those Sefton Parkers should recognise!) to Melbourne. Spent a lovely afternoon catching up and going around the old Melbourne Gaeol - glad I managed to fit some culture into the weekend!
Dave - colleague from Sefton Park

This one's for mum...meet Wattle the Wombat!
Take care of yourselves xxxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! well how nice that the thief topped the bongo up - conscience must have caught up with them!! Glad it's been found Rel - that trip to work sounds like it would have been hassle! Speak soon, lots of love marthaxxx

Anonymous said...

i am so glad the bongo is returned safe and well, what a funny thief! but i am sure hassle you really didn't need! anyway hope work is still going well. i have my final exams in a week so i am working hard (or trying to)! look forward to the next instalment
love snotty xxx