Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Jet Boating
Before we work our way up to sky diving we are taking a steady incline in the adrenalin fuelled action of New Zealand. Today saw us take a jump up in scale with a jet boat rid through a river gorge and rapids, wth 360 spins and hair raising manoevers close to the rock faces.
Our camping spot last night - the car had ice all over it in the morning, twas a chilly night!

Before jet boating!


Part of the river we jet boated on.

For the next couple of days we are exploring some of the Lord of the Rings scenery, and seeing if we can off road 10km of track and river or if we have to make a 10 hour road trip instead to Milford Sound!

There has got to be a way, surely...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!!!!

You can do all these things here in Norway too you know!! :-) (he he.. only at 4 times the price though) Allthough skinny dipping in the ice cladded lakes are free as you know from previous experience Rella..

It looks smashing, exept maybe for the ice on the car in the morning.. Enough cold and ice and rain to go around for everyone here in Bergen these days...:-)

We really need to go on a trip together one day..!!

Such a shame you did not like Surfer's by the way.. I'll show you around next time :-)

Looking forward to the wedding greeting :-)

Lots of love and big sloppy kisses!!

Anonymous said...

Wow you guys, NZ looks amazing! I really would love to go one day. I especially like the pic of Rels skinny dipping in the lake- you brave girl! I loved Surfers Paradise by the way, me and Will went on some double decker bus booze cruise and got totally wasted! I know what you mean though, isn't the most beautiful of places!

We are all busy christmas shopping back here! Will give you guys a prezzie when you get back if thats ok seeing as you are nomads again it would be difficult to send it to you!
lots of love xx

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, I remember that Ra. That was the one where I went a bit over board on the cheap shots. My memory returned when I was wandering around some random neighborhood at 5 am in Surfer's trying to find the hostel. I think I'd tried to walk back. I got a taxi in the end and luckily remembered the name of the hostel. Another fine Flatman effort!

That surfing trip with the ladies looked like fun. Why didn't we do that one Ra, eh?

Anonymous said...

How amazing does new zealand look! it is on my list of places to go, just beautiful!
Also liked the pic of rellie skinny dipping, looks much fun. hope you are still finding places to camp and are not too cold at night!
Take care guys!
lots of love soph xxx